Ensuring Mental Wellness & Trauma Informed Classrooms
February 23 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Training will include:
- Prevalence, statistics, and impact of mental health challenges and trauma in schools and how it can impact safety, climate and school culture.
- Definitions and explanations of what is happening emotionally, physically and cognitively for students struggling with anxiety, depression, ADHD, self-harming behaviors, and histories of trauma.
- Identification of behaviors in the classroom with strategies to minimize the negative impact of mental health challenges and trauma and promote a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all.
- Linkages to the provincial curriculum and core competencies.
- Role school/classroom climate and culture and physical spaces have on mental health and trauma.
- Action Plans to take away and implement in classrooms
Comfort Inn & Suites, 3413 De Wolf Way, Merritt BC