The Online Registration portal of MyEd BC allows parents/guardians to log into the MyEd Family Portal and enter new registration data for each of their children. Once submitted to a school, the entire registration application can be processed directly in MyEd BC eliminating the need for paper forms and in-person registration. The data is transferred from the application forms to the student record, speeding up the processing of enrolling students and increasing the accuracy of student data.
Parents can now create an account in MyEd BC without any intervention from the school district. The process is as simple as clicking a link and entering just a few pieces of information and verifying an email address. Please note that if a parent or guardian already has a MyEd BC account for other students, they will not need to create a new account to register additional children.
Register a kindergarten student for the next school year (Fall 2023)
If you are moving to the district or moving within the district, see the registration information below.
Student Registration in SD 58
To register your child in School District No. 58, you will need the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization record
- Care Card
- Proof of address
Registrations – Merritt
In Merritt, parents can choose to register their child as follows:
- Students can register for their local school, based upon the catchment area determined by their residence. To view the Catchments areas for Merritt, click here.
- Students can register for French Immersion which is offered at Collettville Elementary school. For information about the enrollment procedures specific to French Immersion, please contact the school at (250) 378-2230 or CVschool@365.sd58.bc.ca
- Students can register for Distance Education. Parents interested in this option should contact SCIDES at (250) 378-4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations – Princeton
In Princeton, parents will register their child as follows:
- If your child is registering in Grades K to 3, please register in John Allison Elementary.
- If your child is registering in Grades 4 to 7, please register in Vermilion Forks Elementary.
- If your child is registering in Grades 8 to 12, please register in Princeton Secondary.
Ready for Online Registration?
Here is How.
Please ensure you have the necessary registration documents before you begin the following registration process.
- Go to the MyEd BC Website.
- If you have never had a MyEd Family Portal account in the province of BC, you can choose “Request an Account” which will allow you to register your child. For additional documentation on creating a parent account in MyEd BC, click here.
- If you already have a Family Portal account, log into your parent account. If you have forgotten your password, simply use the “I forgot my password” link to reset it.
- Once you have logged into the MyEd Family Portal, simply click the “Initiate” button to begin registration for your student.
- Once you begin the process and complete some demographic information for your student, you can save the information and continue the process later by clicking on “Save and Close”. The registration will remain on the Online Registration widget with the Status of “Not Submitted” showing you that the process has not yet been completed. At this point you simply to click on the green checkbox on the record to continue the registration process.
- For kindergarten registration, please ensure that you choose the correct school year as you begin the process.
- Parents can register all their children online. The status of each registration will show individually on the widget. Once registration is complete the entire registration can be printed by simply clicking on the printer icon next to the submitted registration.
- Once the registration is complete and the school has accepted, the status of the registration shows “Accepted” so that you are aware that the registration process is complete.
To download a copy of these instructions, click here.