Kindergarten establishes a strong foundation for lifelong learning, as teachers provide dynamic, play-based opportunities to help each child grow and learn. Our child-centered programs develop a sense of well-being and belonging and offer opportunities for exploring, creative play, developing language and literacy while focusing on social responsibility and cultural diversity.
Kindergarten provides our young learners with an enriched learning experience at their own unique developmental level. We look forward to working with each Kindergarten child’s family as we welcome you to your child’s new school community.
- To register, a child must be 5 years of age on, or before, December 31, 2022.
- Parents/Guardians should have the child’s Birth Certificate, immunization record, Care Card and proof of address ready when registering.
- Parents should register their child at the neighbourhood school in their location.
- Parents interested in a Kindergarten distance education program for their child, can contact the South Central Interior Distance Education School at 250-378-4245.
- Parents wishing to enroll their child in the French Immersion Program are required to register at Collettville Elementary.
In Merritt, parents can choose to register their child as follows:
- Students can register for kindergarten in their local school, based upon the catchment area determined by their residence. To view the Catchments areas for Merritt, click here.
- Students can register for French Immersion kindergarten which is offered at Collettville Elementary school. For information about the enrollment procedures specific to French Immersion, click here.
- Students can register for Kindergarten Distance Education, parents should contact SCIDES at (250) 378-4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact your neighbourhood school:
Diamond Vale Elementary
(250) 378 – 2514
(250) 378 – 2172
Merritt Bench Elementary
(250) 378 – 2528
(250) 378 – 2230
Merritt Central Elementary
(250) 378 – 9931
Merritt Registrations – French Immersion
French Immersion Registration
Nicola-Similkameen School District offers Early French Immersion Program that begins in Kindergarten to grade 7 at Collettville Élémentaire and continues from grade 8 to 12 at Merritt Secondary School. Students in French Immersion are “immersed” in the French language while following the same BC curriculum as the English program.
The District has developed a process to assist with French Immersion Kindergarten registration. The registration will open for two weeks in February prior to any other Kindergarten registration taking place. This early opportunity will allow for equitable access to this program of choice and provide for effective planning across the district.
All registrations between those dates are treated as “equal”, so there is no need for line-ups. In the unlikely event that all registrants cannot be accommodated a lottery will be held to determine placement (students who have siblings already enrolled in Collettville are given automatic placement).
This year, registration will be done online through MyEd BC. To register your student, please visit our school district registration page. For more information or if you have questions please contact Collettville Elementary School at (250) 378-2230 or email the Principal, Mr. Rene Aubin at email@example.com
In Princeton, parents will register their child to John Allison Elementary school.
If you have any questions, please contact John Allison (250) 295 – 6727